For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is R&A Championships Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.
WORLD AMATEUR GOLF RANKINGTM
The WORLD AMATEUR GOLF RANKINGTM ranks the top amateur golfers in the world on the basis of their average performance in counting events on a rolling cycle over the previous 52 weeks. This ranking is calculated in accordance with the rules established by R&A Championships Limited, details of which can be found in the FAQ section of this Website.
In order to calculate such rankings, information about the players taking part in counting events and the scores that they achieve in such events are provided to R&A Championships. This information is not submitted through the Website but is supplied directly by the organisers of the counting events, through affiliates of R&A Championships or collected via publicly available websites.
Information collected via the Website
Separate to the collection of information about players and their scores, information is also collected via the Website. We may collect the following personal and non-personal information from you:
- We collect personal information from you if you complete and submit the Player Information Form.
- We also collect personal information about people who provide feedback in relation to the Website.
- We use software that collects personal information that you provide in relation to inquiries or on forms that you start on the Website but which you then abandon or do not complete, i.e. the data is captured regardless of whether you click “next” or “submit” on the relevant page.
- We also collect certain non-personal information when you visit and use the Website. For example, we may collect and store your IP address, reference site domain name, and demographic information. We also may collect information including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and usage while on the Website. We will only collect such data in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified).
The above information may be used by us solely as set out in the paragraph “Use of Personal Information” below.
We would like to make you aware that cookies may be used on the Website. Please refer to our policy on cookies which can be accessed here.
Use of personal information
We use information we collect about you via the Player Information Form for the purposes of providing biographical information on the Website about any individual player ranked on the WAGRTM system that we operate and maintain.
We use information we collect about you for providing you with services or information that you request from us or information which we feel may interest you, if you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes. We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified) for statistical analysis.
We may also use information we collect about you in order to contact you by email in relation to any inquiry or form that you start on the Website but which you then abandon or do not complete. Such contact will be for the purpose of determining whether we can offer any assistance to help you complete the inquiry or form.
We will not otherwise disclose personal information about you to any third party unless required to do so by law.
Linking to other websites
Updating account information
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of this personal information please email or write to us at the address set out below. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We fully co-operate with the police and other law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our service for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to the police or any such other agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful.
How to contact us
- by email at email@example.com; or
- write to us at R&A Championships Limited, Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA.